Exhibition Centre
PALAZZO MONFERRATO
includedThe historical building, designed by the Turin architect Giovanni Chevalley (1868-1954), housed the offices of the Alessandria Chamber of Commerce from 1932 to 2001. Following major renovation work, it was renamed Palazzo Asperia and is currently known as Palazzo del Monferrato.
The building, with a total usable area of about 1,900 square metres, is structured on four floors, on the top of which is the Buvette, where it is possible to taste excellent food and wine products from the province of Alessandria.
Palazzo del Monferrato combines the charm of a long history with the possibility of experiencing it as a cultural centre, offering spaces and facilities for all kinds of events. It is also a place designed to enhance local productions, making the "art and territory" binomial possible and hosting initiatives to promote the individual territorial specificities of the province of Alessandria. It also houses the offices of several associations and economic entities.
On the ground floor is the hall equipped as an exhibition space, which can also be used as a conference room if necessary, being equipped with the necessary technological facilities. The room has retained its original, architecturally significant appearance, with marble cladding, Murano glass chandeliers, a large mural painting, executed by the artist Gianni Patrone based on a probable sketch by Alberto Caffassi, as well as the travertine staircase of honour, modelled on the example of Baroque noble palaces.







