Place of Worship
Monastero di San Biagio
Mondovì (CN)
included The Benedictine Priory of San Biagio, mentioned since 1101, dates back to imperial donations in 1014. After centuries of decline, it became a monastic centre again in 1973. The church, with Romanesque and Gothic elements, houses 15th-16th century frescoes, including rare iconographic themes. An important religious centre since the 1970s thanks to the figures of Filiberto Guala and Clelia Ruffinengo.
The ancient Benedictine Priory, now part of the municipality of Mondovì, San Biagio, dates back to 1101, with a recorded donation, while the first known prior, Giovanni, is documented in 1173-77. Founded by Eremberto, its assets were assigned in 1014 to the Abbey of San Benigno di Fruttuaria. From 1461 to 1869 it was owned by the Monregalese Church, becoming a parish church in 1675 and a farmstead in 1788. In 1973 it became a monastic centre again thanks to Father Filiberto Guala.








